Easter is not about Easter bunny but its all about the cross.
1. Garden of Gethsemane: He wasn’t beaten to bleed but he was bleeding in anguish. Luke 22:40. He shed his blood while praying for us. He restored what was lost in the garden of Eden which is the power to choose. Man lost the power of choice and Jesus restored it.
2. At the whipping post: He redeemed our health. Matt 27:26, Isa 53:5. Sick body are healed by the wounds of Jesus. Psalm 129:3
3. Internally: Jesus bled externally and internally. Our forgiveness was redeemed. In life we go through pains but today we can live as a victor because he bled internally for us to be forgiven and receive forgiveness. Matt 27:26
4. On his head: A crown for a crown. Crown speaks of status. The crown of thorns speaks of shame, curse. He became a curse so that we can be blessed. He has come to liberate us from depression. Peace of mind was restored.
5. His pierced hands: Crucifixion was a form of death for a criminal. He became a criminal for us. Jesus is not a messenger from heaven but he is a message from heaven. Without authority and dominion we wont be fruitful in our lives. Jesus restored authority and dominion to us so that we can be fruitful and everything we lay our hands upon will prosper. The curse was broken so that when you put your hands to something it will prosper.
6. Pierced feet of Jesus: Dominion that man lost in the garden of Eden was restored. Luke 10:19, Joshua 1:3. There is power when we walk with God.
7. His side: The side of Jesus was pierced to give us joy unspeakable. The blood of Jesus Christ restored joy.
Watch full sermon below.
Preacher: Pastor John Malcolm