Meaning and purpose are similar yet different when put in context. Meaning = widely accepted perception. Purpose = intent or reason for which something is done
Meaning answers the question WHAT while purpose answers WHY.
When a purpose of an object is not known, the object is subject to abuse or misuse. Meaning gives a general insight based on beliefs but purpose gives a detailed insight based on fact. Purpose is given by the author or creator of a thing but meaning can be decided by anybody
Most dangerous thing in life is a man without a purpose: The trip to Nineveh is free but you pay your fare to Tarshish. (Jonah 1)
The meaning of life is to satisfy the purpose of life and the purpose of life is to give it away: Jesus is an example.
What you do before the fulfillment of the purpose of life matters: godly or ungodly?
Re-vision = birthing of a new vision or fresh vision. Revision = reread or reconsider work done previously
Most people wants to have a vision but ends up in revision. Our past is the stronghold of revision (lam 3:22-24). One of the important attribute of God is that he forgets if not then we would have been condemned long ago. We need to emulate this.
Mistakes are part of life, everyone makes them, everyone regrets them. But, some learn from them and some end up making them again. It’s up to you to decide if you’ll use your mistakes to your advantage. –(Meredith sapp). It is very easy to revise but quite difficult to have a re-vision.
Have status but don’t be a statue in God’s presence. Your imagination sets the pace for your destination
Lesson learnt ON pursuing God’s given vision
- The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter — paulo Coelho
- Its never too late to start all over again.
- Expect BIG challenges on your way to greatness
- Visions may be given but it must be contended in prayers
- Daniel lost his strength but he didn’t loose his God.
The ground may shake so much that you loose your legs but the God that gave you those visions will not cancel the vision
- Salvation does not eliminate trials. Jesus didn’t kill the devil, he only cast him out.
- It may not be your sins that brought your trials. It might be a test of faith (1 peter 1:7)
- Don’t build dominions in valleys. Walk through your valleys (psalm 23:4)
- Vision can make you dumb but stay by the vision. Stay by the revelation
- Until there is expectation there is no manifestation. Manifestation produces conviction.
- How do you keep all this? Answer phil 2:13
- There is so much that is possible but so little that is doable without God
- Food for thought: in reality those you think you will lean on in times of trouble have no back. Those you think you will rely on are also looking for someone to rely on. Will you quit your dreams because of this?
Preacher: Bro Emmanuel