Our spiritual journey didn’t begin when we accepted Jesus but long before we were born. Jeremiah1:5 “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations”
When you read the word of God, 2 things are needful to have thorough insight of the word of God
1. Law of first mention: when was the word first mentioned in the bible before it’s new usage e.g Gilgal was first mentioned in Joshua 4:19-24.
2. Types and shadow : e.g Elijah was a type of God but not God. In 2 kings 2:1-6, the bible recorded that Elijah went with Elisha to Gilgal. When applying types and shadow, Elijah is a type of God which means that God was with Elisha throughout his journey.
God didn’t take a chance on us when creating us but he created us out of love. He loved to love us.
The new norm of Christianity in this day and age is not righteousness anymore but tolerance which is not in line with the precepts of God. God requires us to be holy as he is holy.
Spiritual journey can be categorized into 4 stages:
1. Gilgal: which means an entry place and the entry to the Christianity walk. In Joshua 5, God didn’t tell Joshua to circumcise the children of Israel in Gilgal but in Jordan. Most often we make the mistake of trying to convert unbelievers, all we have to do is to invite them to church and let God change them. You don’t live in your past but you learn from your past and therefore there is no more condemnation. We have to change our mindset. 1 peter 1:18-21. When you enter Gilgal, God want’s us to be responsible.
2. Bethel: After the entry place (Gilgal) comes Bethel which means the house of God. Applying the law of first mention, Bethel was first mentioned in Gen 28: 10-22. When you are in the house of God, you will have visions and dreams. The reason whyhttp://www.calvarytuenmun.com/wp-admin/post-new.php we don’t want to read the word of God is because we are afraid that it will read us. However, you have to belong to become.
When you are in the house of God, God will give u plans, purpose, principles and promises. God will never give you miracles but principles. The currency that is used in heaven is faith and principles leads you to miracles. God is not need-based but faith-based.
When you are in the house of God, you need commitment, dedication and you must bring your tithe to the house of the lord.
3. Jericho: means walk by faith. 2 Corinthians 5:7, Joshua 5:13-15. God doesn’t want to come and help us, he wants to take over our lives. He demand total submission to his will. Joshua 6:1
The reason why things are getting hotter is because of who you are. The three Hebrew boys: Shadrach Meshach and Abednego fire was intensified because they chose not to bow down for the gods. 2 Tim 3:12, Gal 6:18. Faith means obedience. When God ask us to do something, it doesn’t make sense to us. Faithless people will always be on lookers of God’s blessing.
4. Jordan: speaks about death and resurrection. Every single day, you have to makeup your mind to be all out for God. Don’t be moved by man’s opinion. In Jordan, you have to deny yourself of worldly pleasures. John 12:24-26, Philippians 1:21. Christianity that is worth nothing means nothing.
Chesterton said- “Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried”. 2 kings 2:10-12. Also in Jordan, you have to tear apart your old ways yourself.
You cannot see the new unless you tear the old.
Preacher: Pastor John Malcolm.